Friday, April 6, 2007

April Ice Storm

It is a cold and dreay day today. My car was coved in ice and it has been sleeting/snowing/raining for most of the day. It is the kind of day you want to spend in bed and watch movies or read all day. Or you can go into work and try to get your offering circular filed.

I did make Patrick's class on Tuesday, but I was running late and frazzled. I was also really self-conscious - my clothes smelled like smoke from the downstairs apartment. For the first part of class I could not balance to save my life, then I think I caught my breath. I tried toe-stand again and could not balance, but Marybeth said that just getting down was the tricky part. Thanks to Cheryl I've found that trying, just starting to try, will get you so much farther than you think. Patrick talked about giving your practice, this moment, that much more effort and it made sense. Challenge yourself.

By Wednesday I was really exhausted. I think the full moon has knocked me off balance and I also think that I need to improve my diet. There was a pregnant woman about ready to pop who had more strength and flexibility than most of the class, it was impressive. I did not have a strong practice that night, but I was hesitant in going, so my victory was that I did go and try my best.

Last night I skipped Lara's class and cleaned my house. I'm starting to love my little bungalow, especially it's proximity to the studio, to the wonderful dives on Colfax and the Tattered Cover. The only thing that I really don't like is the smoke smell from below, but I am hoping the summer will ease that a bit.

No comments: