Tuesday, April 10, 2007

New Mat

Yesterday I bought a new mat and it is gorgeous. It is a light mauve and super sticky and just more calming than my old rainbow mat.

Class was wonderful as always yesterday. Regina had us do turbo dog with blocks and mine kept slipping every few minutes. Patricia was a rock star though, I think she held it for the entire ninety hours that Regina had us hold the pose. I feel good, I can bind both sides now in archer arms although one side is barely grasping fingertips. We did these huge shoulder openers that felt so amazing. She had us lay down on our bellies and using a strap, make a small loop and hook it around our ankle. Then you pull on the foot, keeping the knee on the ground, with your right hand raised over your head. You alternate hands, then feet and finally do both arms and both feet, lifting knees off the ground this time. My shoulders are so horrible and tight, it just feels good to know I am working them open somehow.

I booked a flight to Phoenix for Laura's wedding and I'm excited to go. It is probably just going to be mom and dad and I and I want to look for good places to eat while we are there.

No comments: