Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sadness

On Friday night I had a horrible dream. During part of it I was with my family, then I drove them somewhere, there were green hills and trees, I assumed it was Chicago. All of a sudden there were school buses stopped in the middle of the road and people were dying from shot wounds on the hills. There was a sniper and he shot a hole through the lower left of my right hand. I didn't want anyone else in the car to get hurt and I believe it was at that time that I woke up.

I knew it was a powerful dream and that it meant something. I woke up wanting to email Ben in the worst way. He always listens to my dreams and actually comments on them as though I am not incredibly crazy. I ended up telling Matt after he started with - I had the craziest dream.

That night I cut my hand in the exact place that it was hurt in the dream. I think Ryder may have nipped it while we were playing. Then yesterday the shootings happened in Virginia. It might have not at all been related, or I might have something very close with someone who passed, but it was weird in general.

I don't think Matt understands my views on life and death, he was upset when I told him that the deceased were in a better place. I absolutely believe that and feel that the remaining family and friends are the ones who will suffer the most. Those students and teachers had completed their time here and they get to go back home. I think they are incredibly lucky actually.

Regina had a wonderful class last night, she did the prettiest reading. She told us to pray and to pray as though we expect our prayers to be heard, to be answered. She greeted me with hello beautiful Melissa - and it was just nice to hear. Her class felt different, I think she started slower and it fit because I believe there was some sort of sadness over class. The Virginia shootings were brought up at the beginning and she reminded us to be so thankful that we are here and not hurting with our lives completely shaken to the core.

No comments: