Monday, March 5, 2007

Denver Restaurant Review - Cherry Cricket

Well, I have a new obsession and it is dangerously close to Yoga Energi. The name of this fiend is the Cherry Crickett.

On Saturday I had a burger after class and it was by far the best burger ever. Ever. I sat at a table near the front and read my book. I was ok to be alone, happy to be reading. My waitress was very kind and quick and lovely.

The menu is long and varied, but the big thing is that the burgers come ala-carte. I ordered a small cricket burger with avocado and pepper jack cheese along with an order of beans and rice.

The burger rocked. They grill the bun and it was the perfect size, big but not overpowering. Everything was the perfect ratio and hit the spot. The beans and rice also rocked. I was pretty surprised. They were both very flavorful, better than most Mexican restaurants. The Cherry Cricket also serves drinks in big glasses. Small glasses are my biggest pet peeve, I don't care how cool it looks, it sucks for staff and customers.

I went back between classes on Sunday and had another burger, same way. I was seated in a booth and they were BUSY. I then watched as my poor waitress was quadruple sat with large parties. She never once broke her stride, she never once lost her smile. I watched how the restuarant handled the situation and it was perfect. Other waitresses helped with drinks, the manager came around to talk to everyone but was still helping the staff and keeping an eye on tables. If only every restaurant could handle a busy situation this way...

I complimented the waitress and the manager and then promptly left my yoga pants and book at the table. Apparently the inversions had also energized the stupidity area of my brain.

No comments: