Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Its getting hot in herrre

Yesterday I went to Patrick's bikram class instead of Crystal's vinyasa. I didn't want to be in yoga super late and I knew I would have vinyasa for the next few days again.

I'm not a huge fan of bikram and usually about five minutes into class I am thinking - why the hell did I come to this one - but it does feel good afterwards. Plus, Patrick is awesome. He incorporates so much spirituality and just inspiring thoughts throughout the practice. One of my biggest issues with bikram is that I don't think they usually have that sort of mind-set, for lack of better words. I really felt that absolutely throughout the practice he gave a constant reminder to stay focused, to try harder, to bring your practice to life outside of the mat.

I've been doing the positive thinking, the law of attraction, and overall I feel much happier. However, there are still things in my life that are not very easy right now and having an inspiring class just gives me that much more peace.

Plus, when I walked in, Patrick gave a big smile and said - welcome, beautiful - and it felt so nice to hear that. I needed that.

No comments: